To provide services within Healthy Families St. Joseph Co. to adult and child clients in keeping with Family & Children’s Center Counseling and Development Services mission to empower individuals and families through advocacy, education, counseling and support, in order to prevent abuse and promote human growth and dignity.
1. Provide crisis intervention, assessment, and treatment planning, brief and long-term supportive services, referral/linkage and group facilitation for clients referred/accepted into Healthy Families.2. Provide case management functions and perform collateral tasks.
3. Maintain complete and up to date client records.
Additional Job Duties:
· Arrange physical environment for group sessions: move chairs, tables, and make coffee, mix paint, etc.· Provide consultation to other Family and Children’s Center Counseling and Development Services staff.
· Attend staff meetings, individual and group clinical supervision, community meetings, etc. as required.
· Other duties as assigned by Healthy Families Supervisor or Program Manager.
BA/BS in human services preferred, however a strong candidate enrolled in a degree program and with a completed an internship in either early childhood or social services. Please note: a non-degreed candidate may be asked to complete additional training as requested by the Program Manager in order to perform the expected duties.
Minimum two (2) years working with families in a supervised setting.
· Experienced in working with or providing services to children and families/participants
· Demonstrate ability to establish trusting relationships
· Demonstrate acceptance of individual differences
· Experience with and willingness to work with the culturally diverse populations which are present among the program’s target population
· Knowledgeable about infant and child development
· Meet the educational requirements, as established by the program.
· Crisis intervention, assessment and evaluation, treatment planning, and group facilitation.
Work is performed in and out of an office environment. Assessment of children may involve bending, kneeling, and play activities on the floor. Will need transportation to provide services in the home, attend meetings, and conduct groups at locations other than Family and Children’s Center Counseling and Development Services.
1. Physical examination2. Valid Driver’s License
3. Automobile or other transportation
4. Automobile insurance
5. Drug Screen
6. Mantoux TB test
7. CPR Training / First Aid
8. Background checks and fingerprinting
1. Pursue professional growth through workshops, classes, reading and in-service trainings.2. Be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, initiative, creativity and flexibility.
3. Maintain good working relationship with staff.
4. Abide by strict code of confidentiality according to legal and professional standards.
5. Maintain high degree of sensitivity and responsiveness to client needs.
6. Carry our goals and policies of the agency.
7. Be able to demonstrate ability to work with people from diverse racial/cultural backgrounds.