Family & Children's Center IN SOUTH BEND, INDIANA is Seeking:
Marketing Manager for High-Volume Non-Profit Fundraising and Public Relations Department
Job Objective / Summary:
The Marketing Manager provides leadership, management, and strategy recommendations in the areas of special events, public relations, marketing, graphic design, web and social media, and communications for the Family & Children’s Center, Inc. and its affiliates (Boys and Girls Club of St. Joseph County, Healthy Families, and Brain Train). This position reports to the Associate Director of Development and is an essential member of the Resource Development team.
Essential Elements of Performance:
1. Works within the Resource Development Department to develop and implement the organization’s marketing and communication’s plan for all affiliate programs. Strategies must work to promote and enhance the image of all affiliates while managing the ongoing reputation of the organization.
2. Develops and creates effective communication materials and manages the information flow to donors, foundations, media outlets, and the community at-large.
3. Oversees the maintenance, management, and planning of web content and social media marketing for Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Joseph County, Healthy Families, and Brain Train.
4. Serves as primary copywriter for Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Joseph County, Healthy Families, and Brain Train. Designs layout and writes content for affiliate newsletters, fundraising appeals, e-blasts, press releases, and social media marketing.
5. Responsible for conceptualization and design of direct mail campaigns as well as all other fundraising print materials such as brochures, catalogs, posters, invitations and advertisements. Materials created will support all departments within the organization and must conform to affiliate’s look and identity. Other responsibilities include creating program materials, branding of special events and graphics for the Web, as well as preparing files for high volume print production.
6. Supports the Department of Development in the marketing of frequent special event activities for all affiliates.
7. Serves as agency representative at organization and community events such as done in a day projects, career and internship fairs, conferences, etc. Coordinates volunteer groups and acts as the liaison between the affiliates and community engagement.
8. Collaborates with Family & Children’s Center Resource Development team in aligning event, campaign, and marketing activities with Family & Children’s Center affiliates.
Additional Job Duties:
· Provide general administrative support to the Resource Development Department and participate in all assisting with fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, and special events.
· Any additional duties assigned by the Associate Director of Development.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design, communications, or related field is required. Ongoing education to keep up to date on all relevant computer programs and trends.· Highly significant evidence of field expertise may be accepted in the absence of the education requirement.
· 2-5 years relevant experience preferred, with documented accomplishments in a full range of marketing, graphic design, communications, professional writing, and special event functions. Candidates of all experience levels will be reviewed.
· Candidate must have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. Mastery in working with Adobe CS5 Suite (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat) – font management, photo archiving systems, website maintenance, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) preferred.· Strong knowledge of print production and pre-press.
· Knowledge of general fundraising practices and fundraising software (i.e. Raiser’s Edge).
· Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and autonomously.
· Candidate should be a team player and possess a strong motivation for helping children and working in a mission-driven organization.
· Solid leadership qualities and the ability to effectively represent the organization in a variety of settings and with diverse communities is essential.
· Fast-paced office work environment.· Frequent local travel is required to various community functions, sites and events.
· Will be required to assist in transporting and setting up information displays and preparations for presentations, meetings, and special events.
· Scheduled evening and weekend work related to special events and cornerstone campaigns will be required.
1. Physical examination2. Valid Driver’s License
3. Automobile or other transportation
4. Automobile insurance
5. Drug Screen
6. Criminal Background Check
1. Demonstrate high degree of energy, creativity, and ability to think innovatively and act independently.2. Maintain effective working relationships with team, agency staff, volunteers, and community representatives.
3. Present positive image for organization in appearance and presentation skills.
4. Maintain customer responsiveness.5. Abide by strict code of confidentiality according to legal and professional standards.
6. Implement agency goals and policies.
7. Must be able to demonstrate ability to work with people from diverse racial/cultural backgrounds.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience with a full benefits package.
· Please send cover letter and resume to Victoria Geschke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Submission of electronic portfolio optional but desirable.